North Mymms St Mary's
CE Primary School
Overflowing with Thankfulness, Inspiration and Joy
Friday 13th March 2020
Update on Coronavirus
I am writing this letter to update you following the Prime Minister’s announcement yesterday.
The Prime Minister announced that any member of the public with a high temperature or sudden and persistent cough must self-isolate for 7 days. If your child has a high temperature or a cough please keep them at home and contact the office for further advice.
Based on the current evidence, the best way to stop the spread of the virus is basic personal hygiene.
We have and will continue to take the following precautions:
· All staff have been briefed on the signs of Coronavirus and posters are displayed in key places around the school.
· Pupils have been told how to reduce the risk of infection, by frequently washing their hands.
· Teachers remind the children on a daily basis to wash their hands with the anti-bacterial soap provided.
· The message of ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it,’ has been shared with the children.
· All classes have been provided with additional anti-bacterial soap, paper towels and tissues.
· Our cleaners have been prioritising toilets, door handles and surfaces to reduce the risk of infections being spread.
The school remains open unless we are advised to close by the Local Authority or where it
would be unsafe to open due to low members of staff. We have no confirmed cases of
Coronavirus in our school and have been advised to operate as normal. The advice that
we are following from Public Health is regularly updated and I would encourage you to
follow the updates on the website which offers sensible and unbiased information, to
anyone who might be worried. https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus
Mrs H Melidoro