We follow the "Song of Sounds" phonics programme at St Mary's...
What is Song of Sounds?
- Multi-sensory with kinaesthetic, auditory and visual activities that reinforce skills through a variety of learning styles making it ideal for pupils with English as a second language
- Song is integral to the programme to help children remember every phoneme, a highly active approach with whole-body actions and lots of games to aid learning
- Carefully differentiated, contains support and challenge tips to cater for every child in the classroom
- Bring phonics to life with a fresh, lively, hands-on approach to teaching phonics with engaging, interactive activities that reinforce learning
- Created and developed in the classroom by teachers, Liz Webster and Sue Reed, whose school saw a 90% success rate in the 2015 screening check.