On Thursday 17th May we will be having a ROYAL WEDDING CELEBRATION AFTERNOON to celebrate the upcoming marriage of HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Each class will be doing a British themed activity and we will be inviting parents to join us for tea and cake on the field from 2:30pm.
We hope you will join us!
At St Mary's School we strive to strengthen the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) aspect of school life and encourage children to respect other people, with particular regard to the protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010.
Democracy, The Rule of Law, Individual Liberty, Mutual Respect and Tolerance of those of Different Faiths and Beliefs are all taught throughout the curriculum and around the school.
These fundamental British Values aim to:
- enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- enable pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling pupils to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people
- encourage respect for democracy
The attached document gives further details about how we promote each value within St Mary's: